Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bookmark and Share

Canon Pixma Pro-1: Wow...


I set up my new Canon Pixma Pro-1 printer tonight. So far I am very impressed with the prints I've gotten after setting up this hulking beast of a printer. In a word... WOW.

Canon provides ICC profiles for a large number of third party papers, including Moab, Harman, Hahnemühle, Ilford and more. However after some initial testing, I found improvements to be had in all cases by going to the manufacturer's websites and manually downloading their Pro-1 specific ICC profiles. Kudos to Canon for providing all those profiles out of the box though, giving people a starting point at least. This is in stark contrast to virtually any other printer I've ever installed where you only get profiles for the printer manufacturer's own papers! Unfortunately the driver install disk was not OS X Lion (v10.7) compatible, and that did force me to go to Canon's website to download a new driver.

This printer really exudes quality, with very solid feeling construction and doors, flaps and paper trays that are damped and work incredibly smoothly. The print quality may be the best I've seen from any inkjet printer to date.

This is a BIG printer, with the box weighing in at 80 pounds...


More details to come in the days ahead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment